Livingstone Ski Academy Society (LSAS)
Who are we? We are a volunteer organization formed to assist the Livingstone Ski Academy. The volunteer board is voted in at the AGM with positions including president, vice–president and directors, with no set terms. As with any board, the greater the diversity of the board members, the better representative the Board is of the association.
What do we do? The LSAS assists LSA in three primary ways:
- The Board members, as well as individual parents attending meetings, provide feedback to LSA on how the program is running as well as opinions on proposed updates. It is important to note that the focus of the LSAS is to provide feedback that can be used to guide the program, but is NOT to implement policy or program changes.
- LSAS helps to provide financial support to LSA. In order to keep fees as low as possible, the LSAS was established to provide additional funding to the LSA program to provide for expenses over and above coaching and transportation, such as clothing, fun days, ski storage shack and the ski trailer. The target amount identified by LSA for LSAS to raise for the Ski Academy program is $20,000 per year through sponsorship, grants, fundraising and the year end Gala.
- LSAS also assists the Livingstone School District to identify potential host families for billeting international students taking part in LSA.
How do I get involved? The best way to become involved is to attend our AGM, this year on Thursday, September 27. From there you can decide how you can best help out – by attending meetings, running for a board position, assisting with sponsorship or fundraisers or volunteering at events.
LSAS Annual Fiesta Fundraiser: March 30th, 2019
The Livingstone Ski Academy Society (LSAS) is will be hosting its third annual Spring Fiesta on Saturday, March 30, 2019 at beautiful Castle Mountain Resort. This is a combined event with the Tom Tataryn Ski Race during the day and the Spring Fiesta Celebration in the evening. It is a celebration of the third year of the Livingstone Ski Academy and the students, coaches, and generous sponsors that made it all happen!
The Tom Tataryn Race is known as the World’s Longest Slalom race, this is a great fundraising event for the ski academy, and all proceeds go directly to the LSAS!
In the evening the tentative schedule is as follows: doors open to LSA families at 6pm for a presentation and celebration of ski academy students. At 7pm doors open to the public for a Mexican dinner, silent auction, balloon pop, music and dancing. Tickets are tentatively priced at: $45 for Adult/General, $30 for Child (6-12), and 5 & under $10 and will go on sale in February.
In addition to being a year-end celebration, we are using this event as an opportunity to raise additional funds to support the Livingstone Ski Academy. Funds are raised from the Tom Tataryn Race and also from a silent auction and balloon pop which will be held during the evening. Funds raised by LSAS are used to keep registration costs down, as well as purchase necessary equipment and services required by the Academy.
LSA parents can help! Please:
- Save the date Saturday, March 30, 2019
- Donate an item for the silent auction, no item is too big or small (please drop items off at the school at any time)
- Sign up to volunteer at the race or the fiesta (shifts will be short, so everyone can enjoy the evening, sign-up sheet will be emailed out in March 2019)
If you have any questions at all, please contact Leona Pharis at 403-628-2481 email firstname.lastname@example.org