Director's Report June 30th
Another fantastic year of LSA is in the books, and what a year it was! We capped off the season with a very successful Celebration of Learning and a few shoulder season activities.
Here is a link to a gallery of photos from our kayaking day at Lee Lake: http://www.livingstoneschool.ca/view.php?action=object&id=27671&stream=Ski%20Academy%20Photos. Thank you to Chuck Lee for supplying boats and donating his time to get us out on the water.
Here is a short Animoto from the LSA hike that took place in May:
Thank you to the CWR Boat Club for lunch and their contribution to the LSA. The weed pull that took place at the Boat Club was both very informative and fun.
With the school year now officially closed, we are already planning events next year. Below is a list of the activities we already have scheduled:
- Mountain biking - Sept 7th (tentative based on weather and availability of volunteers/instructors)
- Welcome BBQ & Livingstone Ski Academy Society Meeting - September 27
- Pool kayaking - Oct 2nd (tentative based on pool and instructor availability)
- Gear Check Evening & Waiver Signing - November 21
- Gymnastics/trampoline training - November 27th (tentative based on facility availability)
- First day on snow at CMR - Dec 14
- LSA Comp Week - March 25-29
- Tom T Race & Spring Fiesta/ Awards - March 30
- Continuum of Learning Presentations - May 23rd
- Lake kayaking - May 28th (tentative based on weather)
- River Kayaking - June 1st (tentative based on weather and availability of instructors)
We will miss all of the international students that joined us this year and wish them all of the best in their future endeavors. Please come back and visit us if the opportunity arrises; it would be great to ski together again.
I hope all of you have a great summer and will see you in the fall.